Now-a-days, many projects are using Play Framework with Scala to develop their web applications because this Technologies Stack(Play/Scala) gives us more benefits than Spring/Java Stack like developing Highly Scalable, Highly Performance, Highly Concurrent and Parallel and Reactive Applications very easily.
In this post, we are going to discuss the Play Framework 2.4.x New Features. Please read my upcoming posts to learn these concepts in-depth with simple to advanced examples.
Play Framework 2.4.x New Features:
- DI (Dependency Injection):- Now, Play Framework 2.4.x supports DI (Dependency Injection)
- Java SE 8:- Now, Play Framework 2.4.x supports Java SE 8 features.
- Improved Testing:- Because of DI feature, Testing Play Framework 2.4.x application is very easy.
- Embedded Play Server:- From Play Framework 2.4.x on-wards, we can use Play Framework Embedded Server.
It improves the development productivity.
- Maven/SBT Project Directory Layout:- Before Play Framework 2.4.x, we should follow some "Default Play Application Project Structure" for both Maven or SBT build tools.
- Default Play Project layout
- Maven/SBT Build Tools Project Layout.
- Anorm and Ebean Improvements:- Play Framework 2.4.x has improved it's Database API for Anorm and Ebean.
- Supports Akka's Reactive Streams
- Improved WS feature.
Please read my upcoming posts to learn these concepts in-depth with simple to advanced examples.
Please drop me a comment if you like this post or have any issues or suggestions.
Thank you for reading my post.